Lourdes Hospital had several achievements in the growth of its healthcare services in the Golden Jubilee year. One among them is the progressive development in the Department of Physiotherapy which successfully completed 31 years of delivering good rehabilitative service for the community. The department was started in the year 1989. Now the department is well developed with lot of facilities for treating multi-speciality cases.
Lourdes Physiotherapy department is one ofthe best, leading and largest Physiotherapy department in Kerala with all thelatest equipments and a term of highly qualified, skilled and experienced professionals.We provide high quality, professional, evidence based rehabilitation servicesat affordable charges for In and Out-patient.
Out department has excellent reputation andwe ensure that the patients do achieve their maximum potential & improvetheir quality of life. Our team physiotherapists constantly upgrade skills andknowledge in latest advances in the field of physiotherapy.
Physiotherapy is the health care profession primarily concerned with the remediation of impairments and disabilities and the promotion of mobility, functional ability, quality of life and movement potential through examination, evaluation, diagnosis and physical intervention. Physiotherapy provides services to individuals and population to relieve pain, develop, maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability throughout the lifespan.
Physical Therapist Role
Physiotherapists are members of a healthcare team who treat individuals of all ages, from newborns to the very oldest who have medical problems or other health-related conditions, illnesses, or injuries that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities. Physical therapists perform detailed physical assessment and conduct a systems review, perform tests and measures like strength, range of motion, balance and coordination, posture, muscle performance, respiration, and motor function, to identify potential and existing problems. Physical Therapists will then set appropriate goals with the patient and an individualized /tailor-made treatment will help the patients reach their goals.
The Physiotherapy department provides a range of services by using therapeutic modalities, manual therapy techniques and special exercises to maximize function in patients with a range of problems, including;
Musculoskeletal and Sports Rehabilitation
- The physiotherapy department offers comprehensive biomechanical assessments and individualized treatment programs for patients with a variety of musculoskeletal injuries both conservative and postoperative rehabilitation.
- Our therapists are committed to working closely with our patients and athletes to return them to the highest level of activity possible after their injury. They use advanced assessment to develop individualized pre-operative, post-operative, non-operative rehabilitation and conditioning programs for various sports related injuries such as tendinitis, bursitis, sprains, strains, joint pain, meniscal tear and ligament injuries.
- We also assess the work related injuries such as pain related to myofascial impairments, postural syndromes, back, neck pain and herniated disc repairs through physical modalities, postural exercise and ergonomic advices.
- The Physical therapy department offers comprehensive assessments and individualized rehabilitation programs for patients with conditions such as Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Vestibular Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy, Parkinson's disease, Spinal Cord Injury and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
- Our therapists use a variety of therapeutic approaches and interventions to improve cognitive function, perceptual skills, functional mobility, balance, coordination, ambulation and activities of daily living to reduce the dependency at home, work or community environments.
- We also provide specialized assessment and appropriate strategies or maneuver to treat various balance oriented disorders such as vertigo, sensory and cerebellar ataxia.
- A comprehensive Pediatric physical therapy outpatient care focus on many childhood disorders such as Cerebral Palsy, Down's Syndrome, Muscular Dystrophy, Traumatic Brain Injury, Torticollis, Brachial Plexus injuries, Orthopedic injuries and Sensory processing disorders.
- We use advanced quality therapeutic techniques to focus on development training and/or rehabilitation services for the infants to adolescents through comprehensive evaluations based on the child's needs and the concerns of their parents and physicians.
- Physical Therapy department offers advanced Cardiac & Respiratory care, monitored endurance training, education and psycho-social support specifically designed for the specialized needs at various stages such as non operative, preoperative and postoperative phases of cardiac or respiratory diseases.
- Our therapists provide an appropriate environment to encourage active participation of patient by a clear understanding of their own health situation, current treatments and prevention strategies to attain best possible level of physical function.
- We design individualised rehabilitation plan for each patient, based on the assessment and evaluation.
- Specially trained and experienced therapists use comprehensive approach that include therapeutic exercises, manual therapy, electrical stimulation and biofeedback, neuromuscular re-education, postural training, patient education and an integrated home exercise program to ease many of the difficulties associated with pregnancy induced musculoskeletal problems, pre and postnatal conditioning.
- Our therapist are specialists who understand the unique needs of older adults and prepare individualized therapeutic programs for patients who may have multiple problems - physical, cognitive and functional needs are all considered.
- We use comprehensive assessment, physical exercises and special education to prevent or manage fall and empower older patients to live as independently as possible.
Special Exercise Clinics
- In patient and out- patient treatments
- Outpatient physiotherapy department is large and Well-equipped with modern electro-therapeutic modalities, advanced therapeutic exercise facilities and Aerobic exercise unit.
- Group therapy exercises.
- Special Exercise Programs for different health conditions
- Our highly qualified, skilled, professional and experienced team physiotherapists
- Unarv || Awareness Rehabilitation and Group Exercise therapy programme for followup patients who underwent Total Knee Replacement Surgery once in 4 months in association with Orthopedics Department.
- PCOS Club || Awareness and Group Exercise therapy programme for women with PCOS, once in 4 months in association with Gynecology Department.
- Ergonomic classes for New Employees and Outside companies.
- School Health Programmes || Participate in school health programmes and access & evaluate posture, fitness.