Post Basic Bsc Nursing
Home » Nursing Courses/Post Basic Bsc Nursing
Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Degree Course is a professional programme of two years duration with University Examination at the end of the year. On successful completion of the course the graduates are eligible to pursue Master's Degree Programme and for the posts of Nursing Tutor, Asst.Lecturer, Ward In-Charge etc.
Eligibility For Admission
- A pass in Pre-Degree examination, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam or its equivalent as recognized by the University.
- A Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery Course (3years / 31/2 years duration) approved by the Indian Nursing Council.
- Registration in Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council (RNRM) or its equivalent as recognized by the Kerala Nursing Council.
- A minimum of one year professional Nursing experience in a hospital or community setting after GNM with Kerala Nursing Council registration.
- Selection of the candidate for admission to Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing will be made on the basis of Interview as well as marks of GNM course + Plus Two.
- At the time of Interview the candidates shall produce the following documents.
- Originals of GNM Certificate, Mark List and Kerala Nursing Council Registration Certificate.
- Original of SSLC book / Certificate, Plus Two Certificate / Mark sheet.
- Migration Certificate from the University/Board (except M.G University / Govt. of Kerala) Pre.Degree/ Plus Two.
- Experience Certificate.
- Conduct certificate
- Certificate to prove excellence in extracurricular activity, if any.
- Community certificate from the Parish Priest (for those seeking admission under community Quota)
- The final merit list of selected candidates will be published on the next day and intimated through post to join the course. At the time of joining the candidates will have to pay the prescribed fees.