Home » Nursing Courses/MSc.Nursing
The KNC had conducted an inspection on 16.11.2011 for starting M.Sc Nursing Programme and sanctioned 3 specialties - Medical Surgical Nursing, Obstetrics and Gynecology, & Pediatric Nursing 3 seats each.
Applications were received through the Self Financing Associations which had carried out the allotment. The first batch of M.Sc Nursing students joined the institution on 25.11.2011. The students were offered Medical Surgical Nursing, Obstetrics and Gynaecology Nursing, Child Health Nursing with 3 seats each.
Eligibility For Admission
- Candidates must be Citizen of India/Children or dependents of Non-Resident Indians.
- Candidates should have passed B.Sc. Nursing or Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing from any of the Universities in Kerala or from any Universities outside Kerala which is recognized by any of the Universities in Kerala and should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks for the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from authorities other than the state of Kerala shall produce the certificate of eligibility and equivalence of the qualifying examination from any University in Kerala.
- The norms of eligibility prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council/Kerala Nurses & Midwives Council/Affiliating Universities shall also apply.
- Candidates should also have one year's post registration work experience (including internship, if any) in any hospital having a minimum bed strength of 100, or in a School/ College of Nursing with Community Health Program.
- Applicants should not have completed 45 years of age. No relaxation of age will be allowed.