The Dept provides diagnostic services of Surgical pathology, Cytopathology, Haematology,Clinical Pathology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Immunology and Blood Bank. Senior consultants and specialists in pathology along with experienced and dedicated technical staff provide the services. We are well equipped with laboratory information system.
- Dr. Susan Abraham MD (Pathology)
- Dr. Syamala Kumari MD (Pathology), Fellowship in Colposcopy & Cyto-Pathology)
- Dr. Priya Mariam Kuruvilla MD (Pathology)
- Dr. Jophy Varghese MD (Pathology)
- Dr. Susanna P C MBBS – Blood Bank Officer
HISTOPATHOLOGY & CYTOLOGY
Facilities & Services - HISTOPATHOLOGY
- Provides diagnostic services of Surgical Pathology and Haematology. These include sub-specialities like Gastrointestinal pathology, Dermatopathology, and Neuropathology. Immunohistochemistry & Intra-operative squash cytology for brain tumors, CT guided Fine Needle Aspiration biopsies and Peripheral blood smear and Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy studies are done.
Facilities & Services - CYTO PATHOLOGY
- Cervical Smear including procedure (LBC technique), FNAC procedure (I P & OP and referals from outside). CT guided and US guided FNAC, Fluid, Urine and sputum Cytology.
HAEMATOLOGY & CLINICAL PATHOLOGY
- Using 5 part cell counter for routine Haematology, Fully automated machine for ESR & Urine analysis. Analysis of all Body fluids done.
- Laboratories with fully automated analysers using recent advances in technology. Blood gas analysis, Cardiac markers done.
MICROBIOLOGY & IMMUNOLOGY
- Cultures of all samples including blood -Automated Vitec II compact for identification & sensitivity and BACT 3D for blood culture.
- Participating in Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme.( RNTCP)