The Diploma course in General Nursing and Midwifery, a 31/2 year programme is approved by INC and KNC. On successful completion of the 31/2 year course the students shall be awarded with Diploma in GNM and Registration certificate separately, which entitles them to function as Registered Nurses and Midwives.
- The selection procedure for admission of the candidates to GNM course will be made on the selection criteria prescribed by the Kerala Nursing council.
- The prospects in subject to modification / addition / deletion as may be deemed necessary by the Kerala Nursing Council and the School Management.
Eligibility To Apply for the Course
- Education :- A pass in the plus two examination or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects with an aggregate of 40% marks for Physics Chemistry and Biology.
- In the absence of candidates with above qualification, a pass in plus two examination or its equivalent with any other groups as optional subject with an aggregate mark of 40% can be considered.
- Age:- Not less than 17 years and not more than 27 years as on the 1st day of October 2001 with relaxation of upper age limit up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe and up to 3 years in the case of candidates belong to the backward community. In case of candidates belonging to religious orders of the minority community the maximum age limit shall be 30 years.
- Residential:- Candidate can be a resident of any state in India.